Places to Go/ Heritage

High Street, Black River, Saint Elizabeth Parish

The date of construction for the Court House at Black River is unknown however it is described as presenting a fine appearance from the sea and at...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
8 Perth Road Mandeville

Bloomfield Great House is situated on a property formerly known as the Bloomfield Estate. It precedes the formation of the parish of Manchester....

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Bob Marley Museum 65 Hope Road, Kingston, Kingston Parish

Specializing in a mix of Ital and Jamaican dishes with an international flair, the Legend Cafe is open Mondays to Saturdays from 9am to 5pm....

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barnett St, Spanish Town, Saint Catherine Parish

It was built by the Spanish and destroyed by Thomas Cromwell's soldiers in 1655. It was then rebuilt on site in 1666, and then the Cathedral was...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fort George Street, Portland Parish

DeMontevin lodge is situated on Titchfield Peninsula, an English settlement, situated between East and West Harbour. The lodge was built at the...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hope Road, Kingston Parish

This classic 19th-century mansion captures Jamaica's architectural past. Nestled between towering palm trees overlooking a fountain, the restored...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trelawny Parish

One of the first official buildings to be built in the parish in 1815, this courthouse was made in the typical Georgian design. The building was...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
10km from Oracabessa, Saint Mary Parish

The area where The Firefly Estate now stands was once called the "Look Out" by the infamous pirate and one time governor  Henry Morgan for its...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tip of Folly Peninsula, Port Antonio , Portland Parish

Built in 1888 in Portland, this 40 feet lighthouse is constructed of fireproof masonry.

...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Port Royal, Kingston Parish

Orginally called Fort Cromwell when it was the first fort to be erected in Port Royal in the late 1650-60. It was later renamed Fort Charles. The...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Pages