Places to Go/ Heritage

Lucea, Hanover Parish

Fort Charlotte, located in Lucea, in the parish of Hanover, was built in the mid 18th Century by the British for the defence of the North North...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rio Bueno, Trelawny Parish

Fort Dundas is situated behind the Rio Bueno Primary School in the parish of Trelawny. The date 1778, which is marked on one of the stones...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Titchfield, Portland Parish

Fort George is situated on the Titchfield Peninsula in the town of Port Antonio which is located in the parish of Portland. The idea for a fort in...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Port Maria, Saint Mary Parish

Located at Port Maria in the parish of St. Mary , Fort Haldane was erected in 1759.  This fort was named in honour of General George Haldane who ...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Falmouth, Trelawny Parish

Good Hope Estate is situated in the parish of Trelawny, bordering on the Martha Brae River and was formed through a land grant, given to Colonel...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Montego Bay , Saint James Parish

Built as a Guest House for the  Barretts of Wimpole Street fame in 1790 who gained their fortunes from slave plantations at the time.
The...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Clarendon Parish

When the English captured Jamaica in 1655, it was the custom to give officers of the army land grants. Halse Hall was given to Major Thomas Halse...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Harmony Hall House, Tower Isle, Saint Mary Parish

Orginally built in 1886 and was primarily a pimento plantation, The Harmony Hall House dabbled in other agricultural produce such as bananas by...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
79 Duke Street, Kingston Parish

Hibbert House or Headquarters House as it is called today was built in 1755, and funded by its owner Thomas Hibbert.Thomas Hibbert was a wealthy...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Spanish Town, Saint Catherine Parish

As its name implies, the Spanish Town Cast Iron Bridge was built in 1801of cast iron. It extends over the Rio Cobre River and is used for...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Pages