Places to Go/ Heritage

Tip of Folly Peninsula, Port Antonio , Portland Parish

Built in 1888 in Portland, this 40 feet lighthouse is constructed of fireproof masonry.

...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Port Royal, Kingston Parish

Orginally called Fort Cromwell when it was the first fort to be erected in Port Royal in the late 1650-60. It was later renamed Fort Charles. The...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lucea, Hanover Parish

Fort Charlotte, located in Lucea, in the parish of Hanover, was built in the mid 18th Century by the British for the defence of the North North...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Rio Bueno, Trelawny Parish

Fort Dundas is situated behind the Rio Bueno Primary School in the parish of Trelawny. The date 1778, which is marked on one of the stones...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Titchfield, Portland Parish

Fort George is situated on the Titchfield Peninsula in the town of Port Antonio which is located in the parish of Portland. The idea for a fort in...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Port Maria, Saint Mary Parish

Located at Port Maria in the parish of St. Mary , Fort Haldane was erected in 1759.  This fort was named in honour of General George Haldane who ...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Fort Montego, as the name suggests, is located in Montego Bay in St. James parish. Historically, the fort was intended for use as a lookout point...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Garlic is a well-used herb in Jamaica’s medicinal repertoire. It is used to relieve symptoms associated with colds, coughs or bronchitis. It is...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Falmouth, Trelawny Parish

Good Hope Estate is situated in the parish of Trelawny, bordering on the Martha Brae River and was formed through a land grant, given to Colonel...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Gordon House is the official meeting place of Jamaica’s House of Representatives. It is located in the downtown area of Kingston at the corner of...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5