Places to Go/ Heritage

King Street, Kingston, Kingston Parish

Ward Theatre was a gift to the city of Kingston from former Custos, Colonel Charles Ward in 1912. It is located on King Street in Downtown...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The Wesley Methodist Church was erected in 1825 and is a good example of Georgian architecture with some Palladio elements. The building was once...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Carib Road, Trelawny Parish

William Knibb Memorial High School is located in Trelawny parish and is named in memory of Baptist Minister and abolitionist, William Knibb....

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Williamsfield, Manchester Parish

The Williamsfield Railway Station was constructed around 1891 and was the halfway point between Kingston and Montego Bay stations. It was part of...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Xaymaca was the first name given to the island by the Tainos, the first inhabitants of the island. Xaymaca means 'land of wood and water’ or the ‘...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Yallahs, Saint Thomas Parish

Yallahs is one of the main towns in St. Thomas parish. Yallahs, like most of the parish, is rich in history. Yallahs has twin salt ponds that are...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

The York Castle Great House was once located on a sprawling 500-0acre estate that grew coffee and pimento. It is now the home of the York Castle...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Saint Elizabeth Parish

YS River is a tributary of the Black River – the second largest river in Jamaica. The river is also home to YS Falls, one of the most scenic...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Zemi is the name of the personal spirit/god of each Taino, and the idol in which the spirit resided. Each Zemi was personalised by its owner, i.e...

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5